Sure, you could mash the avocado with the tuna and make yourself an interesting guacamole, but that is not how this recipe goes. Make this recipe by only mixing the diced avocado with the tuna and of course, some lime juice is needed to keep the avocado nice and green.
- Yield: 4
- 2 medium diced avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ½ chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 large cans white tuna, well drained
- 1 medium diced cucumber
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- The key is to use very fresh cucumber and avocados.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the oil, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, place all the fresh ingredients: avocado, onion, capers, cucumber, and well-drained tuna. Mix carefully. You don’t want to mash the avocados by being too rough.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well again. Serve cold.