- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 pounds veal loin
- 3 ounces pancetta, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Chopped aromatic vegetables (onion, carrot and celery)
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups peeled chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- Roll the pancetta in salt and pepper. Lard the veal with the pancetta and the garlic, and set aside.
- Truss the veal loin with butcher’s string so that it cooks evenly and maintains its shape during cooking.
- In a skillet, warm 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the aromatic vegetables and cook until soft. Add the veal loin and brown on all sides. Deglaze with the wine and cook until reduced.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cover. Cook for about 2 hours, stirring and adding stock if necessary. Serve the veal, sliced, with the sauce spooned over it.