- Yield: 12
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 500 g Basic Roasted Vegetables
- 125 ml self-raising flour
- 2.5 ml salt
- 60 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, separated
- Olive oil, for frying
- 250 ml coconut cream, lightly whipped
- 5 ml salt
- 2 ml ground cumin
- ¼ cucumber, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, mash the roasted vegetables together with the flour, salt, parsley and the egg yolks. Stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites into a separate bowl and beat until stiffpeaks form. Fold through the vegetable mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and drop tablespoons of the vegetable fritter batter into the oil (flatten slightly). Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the coconut sauce and serve alongside the vegetable fritters.