- Yield: 8 Servings (for a 24 cm tart)
- 500 g sweet pastry
For the walnut cream
- 150 g butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 250 g broken walnuts
- 3 medium eggs
How to Make It
- Make the sweet pastry following the method on, and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Line the tart tin with the pastry and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Blind bake the pastry base.
- Make the walnut cream. Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugar, then alternately add batches of the broken walnuts and the eggs.
- When the pastry base has cooled, spread out the walnut cream evenly then bake the tart until the cream is set and golden brown. Cool at room temperature in the tin.