This is an incredibly fresh, hydrating, raw salad that’s perfect for a hot summer’s day. For cooler days, the subtle heat coming from the chilli will warm you up. In my book, whatever it is, add watermelon and it just gets better!
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 baby gem lettuce leaves
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (300 g) watermelon cubes
- 1 cup (100 g) green seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned and thinly sliced
- Handful of mint leaves, torn
- ½ lime juice
- Salt, to taste
How to Make It
- Roughly tear the baby gem leaves and put them in a serving bowl. Add the celery, watermelon cubes, grape halves and chilli and toss everything together.
- Drape the avocado slices on top, scatter over the torn mint and drizzle over the lime juice. Season with a pinch of salt and serve.