- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 4-5 pounds kabocha squash, halved and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons solid cooking fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt to taste
- Sliced avocado and parsley for garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the squash inside up in a baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cooking fat all over the flesh of the squash and on the bottom of the pan. Bake for 1 hour or until completely tender.
- While the squash is baking, heat the remaining tablespoon of the cooking fat in a heavy-bottomed pot. Cook the onion for ten minutes and then add the garlic for a couple of minutes, stirring. Remove from heat.
- When the squash is finished, scoop the flesh out and blend in batches with the onion mix, spices and bone broth. Add more bone broth ¼ cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Pour into the large pot and heat, adding salt to taste.
- Serve with a scoop of fat, slices of avocado and parsley for garnish.