- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 1 lb mixed lentils
- 8 cups of water
- 1 lb Swiss chard, washed and coarsely chopped into big chunks
- 2 celery stocks, chopped
- 14 ounces diced canned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Prepare the lentils by washing and rinsing them thoroughly.
- In a large cooking pot add the water and lentils and bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add your diced tomatoes and celery and continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until just tender. Add the Swiss chard and parsley. Cover and simmer until the Swiss chard is tender, about 13-15 minutes. Stir often. Add this mixture to the lentils and allow them to cook together for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve!