Anchovies, though not for everyone, are packed with healthy fats. Try them in this easy-to-prepare tapenade, where their assertiveness is balanced by other strong flavors such as garlic, parsley, and cheese.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3.5 ounces (100 g) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (56 g/2 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ounce (28 g) canned anchovies, drained
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (3 g/0.1 oz) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (28 g/1 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (30 g/1.1 oz) flaked almonds
- Cucumber slices, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, butter, anchovies, garlic, and parsley. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add the Cheddar cheese and almonds and mix with a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, or until set. Enjoy as a dip with sliced cucumber, or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.