If you need a snack that’s effortless to make, these crackers are versatile enough for any occasion. I remember making them with my grandfather when I was younger. Along with pickles, they were his signature snack that I can’t make without thinking of my time in the kitchen with him. They look fancy enough to set out in a small serving bowl during a holiday party, but they’re still fit for munching on on a Sunday night when you’re lounging in your sweatpants.
- Yield: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 2 (8-ounce) packages oyster crackers
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, ranch dressing mix, garlic, and dill.
- Put the oyster crackers in a slow cooker and pour the butter mixture over the top. Stir to combine and coat the crackers. Cover and cook on Low, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Remove the crackers from the slow cooker and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the Parmesan and parsley on top and stir. Let cool completely. Pour into a bowl and serve.