- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 10–12 apples
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2–3 cups sugar (can use more for a sweeter applesauce)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk (may need a little extra)
How to Make It
- Peel and core apples. Slice into wedges and place into the Instant Pot.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, ½ cup water, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Secure Instant Pot lid. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Remove lid.
- Using a potato masher, mash cooked apples into a sauce.
- Using a food processor, add flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar. Pulse together until butter is cut into flour, and mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Transfer flour mixture into mixing bowl. Add milk.
- Using a fork, gently mix milk and flour mixture together until it combines into a wet dough. If needed, add more milk to achieve a wet dough.
- Add 1 cup water to applesauce and stir together. Spoon-drop prepared dumplings on top of the applesauce.
- Secure Instant Pot lid. Select Steam mode and steam for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Remove lid.
- Spoon dumplings and applesauce into small bowl. Pour some cream over the top and enjoy!