- Yield: 16 (1 × 1½-inch) cookies
- ½ cup sesame tahini
- 1 cup coconut flakes, macaroon-cut or fine-cut
- 4 tablespoons raw honey (liquid or crystallized) or coconut nectar
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried cane juice crystals or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha extract powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon shilajit (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried, powdered tulsi leaves or holy basil powder (optional)
- Few pinches of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chai spices (I use cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, clove, and allspice)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, or white sesame if no black sesame is available
How to Make It
- Mix tahini, coconut flakes, and honey in a food processor until a ball forms.
- Add remaining ingredients to the food processor, except the black sesame seeds, which you will add at the very end and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Roll into a ½-inch-thick dough between two sheets of parchment paper on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough.
- Cut into squares or other shapes with a cookie cutter. Store chilled.