- Yield: 12 sandwich cookies
Coffee Hemp Cream
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup cold-brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup sun-dried cane juice
- Crystals or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- ½ teaspoon chaga extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon mucuna extract powder (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup pure water
Hemp Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup raw coconut flour
- ¼ cup macadamia nut butter or coconut oil, solid
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup raw honey (liquid or crystallized) or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried cane juice crystals or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (plus ½ cup pure water)
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 3 tablespoons banana flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Few pinches of sea salt
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
How to Make It
- Melt coconut oil over a double boiler, or in a jar set in hot water.
- Place all ingredients for the Coffee Hemp Cream in a high-power blender, and mix until smooth.
- Chill the cream in a glass jar or bowl until set, best overnight. For the Hemp Coconut Cookies
- Blend the cashews into a flour in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Mix the coconut flour, cashew flour, and macadamia nut butter or coconut oil in a food processor, or mix thoroughly by hand.
- Place this mixture and all remaining ingredients for the Hemp Coconut Cookies into a large bowl, and mix by hand until a dough forms.
- Roll into a ⅛- to ¼-inch-thick dough between two sheets of parchment paper on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough.
- Cut out circles or other shapes, and place them on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate at 120° for 6–8 hours, or until desired texture is achieved. Let cool completely before frosting with the Coffee Hemp Cream.
- Use a butter knife or a spoon to frost the Hemp Coconut Cookies with the Coffee Hemp Cream.
- Roll the sides of each cookie sandwich in hemp seeds. Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve. Store chilled.