- Yield: 4 Servings
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) boiling water
- 100 g (3½ oz/generous ½ cup ) sultanas
- 1 teabag
- 1 frozen banana
- 150 g (5 oz) malt extract
- 150 g (5 oz/1¼ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 70 g (2½ oz/½ cup) wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F/Gas 4) and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour the boiling water over the sultanas and teabag and leave to steep for 20 minutes.
- Once the sultanas have plumped up nicely, drain the soaking water into the cup of your blender (discarding the teabag and saving the sultanas for later) and add the banana, malt extract, flours and baking powder and blitz to a thick batter. Add the sultanas and give a stir before pouring the malt loaf mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, before turning out.