- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (5-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, diced into small pieces
- 1½ cups low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pita chips or sliced veggies for serving, optional
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small baking dish (8 × 8 inches or smaller) with cooking spray. In a sauté pan combine the spinach, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper with the water. Cover the pan to steam until the onions are soft, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and continue to stir and cook until the water is completely evaporated. Add the water chestnuts and stir to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cottage cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan, and feta to the sauté pan. Stir to combine. Pour spinach dip into the prepared baking dish and top with mozzarella and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden brown on top. Enjoy warm and serve with optional pita chips or vegetables if desired.