- Yield: 6 cookies
- 3 cups blue candy melts
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup white candy melts
- Silver and gold luster dust
- 1 Tbsp vodka
How to Make It
- Place the blue candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, until fully melted.
- Place a dollop of blue candy melts into each cavity of an Oreo mold. Tap the mold on your work surface a couple times to spread the candy melts over the entire base of each cavity. Place an Oreo into each cavity and fill them the rest of the way with blue candy melts. Tap the mold on your work surface again to smooth the surface. Place the mold in the fridge for the candy melts to stiffen, about 45 minutes. (If you don’t have an Oreo mold, you can simply dunk the cookies into a bowl of candy melts.)
- In the meantime, make the sand dollar accents (you could also try pairing this with the Sand Dollar Shortbread). Melt the white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring at 30-second intervals. Pour the candy melts into a sand dollar-shaped chocolate mold and place in the fridge until the candy melts have fully set, about 20 minutes. Unmold and set on a plate.
- In a small bowl, combine equal parts silver and gold luster dust. Add enough vodka to create a liquid with a similar consistency to maple syrup or paint. Use a clean paintbrush to paint the luster dust paint onto the sand dollars. Paint 2 to 3 coats, allowing a few minutes between each coat for the last coat to dry.
- Unmold the chocolate-covered Oreos. Place a dollop of white candy melts on top and stick a sand dollar on top. Serve and enjoy!