- Yield: 2 Servings
- 7 oz/200 g buckwheat noodles
- 9 oz/250 g firm smoked tofu (drained weight)
- 7 oz/200 g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 9 oz/250 g carrots, finely shredded
- 3 scallions, diagonally sliced
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely sliced into circles
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 oz/175 g silken tofu (drained weight)
- 4 tsp tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp hot water
How to Make It
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- To make the dressing, blend the gingerroot, garlic, silken tofu, tamari, oil, and water together in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt.
- Place the smoked tofu in a steamer. Steam for 5 minutes, then cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, put the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and chile into a bowl and toss to mix. To serve, arrange the noodles on serving plates and top with the carrot salad and slices of tofu. Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.