- Yield: 1 Serving
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Cayenne powder, to taste
- 1 kumato tomato, sliced (4–5 slices)
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 store-bought piece of cornbread, sliced horizontally
- 5⁄8 cup shredded Manchego cheese, divided
- ¼–1⁄3 cup corn salsa, depending on size of bread
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, and cayenne powder. Cover tomato slices with the seasoned bread crumbs. Season with cracked pepper.
- Place oil in a sauté pan. Fry the tomatoes on medium-high heat, flipping once, for approximately 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from heat.
- Build the sandwich on a baking sheet. On the bottom half of the cornbread place 1⁄8 cup Manchego, followed by the fried tomatoes, corn salsa, and 1⁄4 cup of Manchego cheese. Place 1⁄4 cup of Manchego cheese on the other half of the cornbread. Do not close the sandwich. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Close sandwich and serve warm.