- Yield: 20 large choux
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 350 g choux pastry
- 450 g Chantilly cream
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- 30 g icing sugar
How to Make It
- Make the choux pastry following the method, up to step 6.
- On a non-stick tray, pipe the choux pastry into domes 4 cm in diameter, in staggered rows, 6 cm apart. Brush them with beaten egg and bake with a small ramekin filled with boiling water (80 ml) at the bottom of the oven without opening the oven door (otherwise choux will collapse). Cool on a wire rack.
- Make the Chantilly cream following the method, fill a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle and keep it in the fridge.
- Remove the top of the choux with a serrated knife and fill them with the Chantilly cream.
- Put the lids back on and sprinkle the Chantilly choux with icing sugar using a very fine sieve.