For an easy dinner party, serve this elegant dish with your favorite steamed vegetable, purchased dinner rolls, and an extra-special dessert from the bakery.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 3 Hours
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4-ounce) can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10¾-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 ounces dried wide egg noddles
- 1 (8-ounce) carton dairy sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine chicken pieces, onion, and mushrooms. In a medium bowl, stir together mushrooms soup and the water. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well. Just before serving, stir sour cream into mixture in cooker. Serve over hot cooked noddles. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and garnish with thyme.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.