- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- Oil spray
- 200 g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 wholemeal pita breads
- 75 g tomato passata
- 60 g reduced-salt low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small handful rocket leaves
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Oil spray
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan/gas 7) and line three baking trays with baking paper.
- To caramelise the onion, heat a small non-stick frying pan over low heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Add the onion and cook slowly for 15–20 minutes or until soft and golden, stirring occasionally. Don’t be tempted to increase the heat as this can cause the onion to burn. Add the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5–10 minutes or until sticky and caramelised, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool. To save time, the onion can be caramelised the night before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potato on one of the lined baking trays and spray lightly with oil spray. Roast in the oven for 8–10 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (160°C fan/gas 4).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Cook the chicken for 3–4 minutes until just cooked through, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Lay the pita breads on a clean work surface and spread over the passata. Scatter over the caramelised onion and top with the sweet potato, chicken and feta.
- Place the pizzas on the baking trays and bake for 8–10 minutes or until the toppings are hot and the edges are golden brown.
- To serve, top the pizzas with the rocket and season with salt and pepper, if desired.