This chocolate cake is juicy and very tasty. Recipe is for 8 portions (9″ cake).
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 4 oz Whole grain flour
- 2 tbsp Liquid honey
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive/coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
For the Filling
- 2 medium pears
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- Prepare the dough. You can make it two ways: using a blender or manually.
- Way 1. Remove peel from bananas, cut them and place in a blender cup. Add the rest of ingredients for the dough in a blender and mix well.
- Way 2. Whisk eggs, honey, and sugar in a bowl. Add mashed bananas and the rest of ingredients. Mix well using tablespoon. Prepare Filling
- Take pears. Clean them well, remove the stones. Cut pears into small pieces.
- Prepare the tray—apply oil on the surface or place a layer of wax paper at the bottom.
- Pour out half the dough; spread it on the bottom using a tablespoon.
- Add filling—take your pear slices, and place them on the first layer of the dough.
- Pour the rest of the dough on the top; make sure you cover the pears.
- Place the tray in the oven for 40 minutes.
- To check if the dough is ready, just poke it with a fork—the pieces of the dough should not stick to a fork when you remove it. Extend the time by 5–10 minutes, if necessary.
- Remove the cake, and cool it down before serving.
- You can add pear slices to the top to decorate your cake.