- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4½ cups [1 L] half-and-half
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp [75 ml] maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 cup [240 ml] coconut milk (make sure to stir or shake the can before opening)
- 1 tsp coconut butter (optional)
How to Make It
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, combine the half-and-half, maple syrup, chocolate, turmeric, chile powder, and coconut milk. Whisk the mixture as it gently heats to help dissolve the chocolate and turmeric. When the drink is well blended, whisk like mad until slightly frothy and hot, but not simmering, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately, in mugs, and finish by stirring about ¼ tsp of coconut butter into each serving, if desired.