How often do you buy too many bananas and have to throw them out because they go bad? The next time you run into this dilemma, bake up this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread instead. Brown bananas make the center so moist and mouthwatering that you may start letting bananas go brown on purpose.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 0.33 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs, and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir until combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture inside the slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2½ hours. Remove and top with the mini chocolate chips. Serve.