This salad hints at ambrosia salad, that 1950s potluck standby of citrus, coconut, marshmallows, and maraschino cherries. This lighter, fresher, and more savory version swaps in crisp Bibb lettuce for the marshmallows and cherries and an herb-mustard vinaigrette for the whipped cream.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 oranges
- ¼cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 clementines, peeled and separated into segments
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- For dressing, squeeze juice from 1 orange and transfer to a small bowl. Whisk in oil, tarragon, and mustard.
- Peel and thinly slice the remaining 2 oranges.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Add orange slices, grapefruit slices, and clementine segments. Lightly toss to mix. Arrange salad on platter. Sprinkle with chives and toasted coconut.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.