- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 8 Hours 20 Minutes
- 1½ pounds beef chuck, cut into 2 pieces
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- ¼ small cabbage, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Combine the beef, broth, carrots, cabbage, onions, wine, tomato paste, flour, thyme, 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the beef is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- cut the meat into chunks and return to the stew before serving.