- Yield: 4 cups (460 g)
- 3 cups (288 g) gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup (24 g) shredded coconut, optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (120 g) dried cranberries
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, coconut (if desired), and salt in a large bowl. Mix them together well.
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the oats and toss all of the ingredients together until the oats are coated.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet. Do not pack it down. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the granola. Return it to the oven and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Remove the baking sheet again, and stir the cranberries into the granola. Bake for another 15 to 30 minutes (for a total of 75 to 90 minutes baking time) until the oats are golden and fragrant.
- Let the granola cool and dry before transferring it to an airtight container. Store it at room temperature for up to one month.