Wild blueberries are small berries native to North America. They have an intense flavor that shines in this granola. Crafted with honey and cinnamon, this granola smells oh so good as it’s baking!
- Yield: 3 ¾ cups (430 g)
- 3 cups (288 g) gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) honey
- 4 tablespoons shortening, melted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup (100 g) wild blueberries
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix them together well.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, shortening, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the oats and toss all of the ingredients together until the oats are coated.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet. Do not pack it down. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the blueberries into the granola. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven again and stir the granola. Bake for another 15 to 30 minutes (for a total of 75 to 90 minutes baking time) until the oats are golden and fragrant.
- Let the granola cool and dry completely before transferring it to an airtight container. Store it at room temperature for up to one month.