This relish can be made two or three days ahead, making it easy to check one thing off the list for a holiday meal. Any leftovers can be spread on a sandwich or folded into a simple muffin recipe.
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 finely grated lemon juice and zest (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 finely grated lime juice and zest (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cranberries, sugar, lemon zest and juice, lime zest and juice, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook until the berries begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat so the mixture is just barely simmering and cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Cool and serve either chilled or at room temperature.