This chilled cucumber soup could be there to comfort you, should you grow tired of ordering the least expensive thing on the menu when out to dinner with friends.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- 5 cucumbers, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 small lemons)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 pint full-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Place the prepared cucumbers on a shallow plate. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roughly chop the cucumbers and place in a blender. Add the parsley, scallions, fresh dill, lemon juice, buttermilk, and yogurt, and blend on high until very smooth. Season with the remaining salt and the black pepper.
- Transfer soup to a bowl. Chill, covered, for at least 4 hours before serving.