This is in between a soufflé and cornbread. It’s moist and delicious, plus it’s great as a side or by itself.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 cup (138 g) fine ground cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.75 ounces, or 397 g) creamed corn (it’s vegan!)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) aquafaba (or 2 tablespoons [14 g] ground flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup [60 ml] warm water)
How to Make It
- Mix all the ingredients together. Either oil your crock or place a piece of parchment paper.
- Pour in the batter and spread evenly. Place a clean dish towel between the crock and the lid, pull tight so it doesn’t touch the batter. Cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours or until the middle begins to firm up.