Some may say it’s a bit of an insult to put a recipe for boiled eggs in a cookery book… But this method is rather clever and, as long as you have a stopwatch on your mobile, it’s foolproof. And an actual chef taught me how to do this!
- Yield: 2
- 2 eggs
- Twiglets, to serve (optional)
How to Make It
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil until you have big popping bubbles, not funny little ones. Salt the water to help seal the eggs if they crack.
- Put an egg onto a spoon and gently lower it into the water. Repeat for the other egg.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for exactly 1 minute. Now turn the heat off.
- Put the lid on, set the stopwatch on your mobile, and leave for: 4 minutes: runny yolk, wobbly white, 6 minutes: not-as-runny yolk, firm white and 12 minutes: hard-boiled
- I serve this with Twiglets. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.