Traditionally, cheese toast tops a classic bistro-style French onion soup. However, we decided to omit it from this rich soup and add a gourmet grilled sandwich on the side instead. It’s the perfect accompaniment.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 sweet onions, cut in half vertically and thinly sliced (about 1¾ pounds)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
How to Make It
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme; cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth; simmer 4 minutes. Remove and discard thyme.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.