Grated lemon rind brightens the fresh flavor this vegetarian soup. For an effortless meal, serve it with Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Spread.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 13 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup (½-inch) diced Yukon Gold potato
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
How to Make It
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and next 3 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until potato is very tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Place half of soup and ¼ cup sour cream in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup and ¼4 cup sour cream.
- Pour soup evenly into 4 bowls. Top each with a dollop of additional sour cream, if desired, and ¼ teaspoon lemon rind.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.