The rich avocado topping is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It soothes the slow burn from the smoky chipotle heat and adds a burst of fresh flavor.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup chipotle salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Avocado-Lime Salsa
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
How to Make It
- Place beans in a medium saucepan. Mash beans slightly with a potato masher. Stir in water and next 3 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- Uncover, and cook 2 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened. Ladle soup evenly into each of 4 bowls; top evenly with Avocado-Lime Salsa, and, if desired, sour cream.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.