This hearty soup, which is chock-full of antioxidants and fiber from the kale and beans, pairs well with a crunchy slice of toasted ciabatta. Look for packages of prechopped kale in the produce section of your
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 36 Minutes
- 3 slices lower-sodium bacon, cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 cups packed prechopped kale
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can roasted garlic chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
How to Make It
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp. Reserve 2 teaspoons drippings in pan; discard excess drippings.
- Add kale and next 5 ingredients to bacon and drippings in pan. Stir in hot sauce, if desired. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.