- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings(yields approximately 1 quart)
- ½ cup long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (2½–3-pound) cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into a medium dice (approximately 4 cups)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup rum (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, to garnish
How to Make It
- In a blender, purée the rice and cinnamon stick with hot water and let sit for 3 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Blend again with the diced melon, sugar, and vanilla extract. Strain through a fine sieve, add rum if using, and chill thoroughly.
- Stir horchata if there’s any separation and serve over ice, sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon. The horchata should last for about 4 to 5 days in the fridge.