- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons regular active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal Additional cornmeal
- 1½ cups Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted or plain diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped (1⁄2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 450°F. In medium bowl, stir together 3⁄4 cup of the flour, the sugar, yeast and salt. Stir in warm water and oil. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on high speed 1 minute. Stir in 1⁄3 cup cornmeal and remaining 3⁄4 cup flour to make a soft dough.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover with bowl; let rest 10 minutes.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with additional cornmeal. On cookie sheet, press dough into 14310-inch rectangle; prick with fork. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn brown.
- Sprinkle with 1⁄2 cup of the cheese blend. Top with chicken, tomatoes and bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 6 to 8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.