We used whole wheat pita rounds to help with portion control and to speed up the cook time. For a Greekinspired flavor variation, substitute hummus for the spreadable cheese.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas
- Olive oil–flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 6 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat broiler.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add zucchini, onion, pepper, and salt; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove pitas from oven, and spread 2 tablespoons garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese over each pita. Top evenly with vegetables and Asiago cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese melts.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.