Pan-roasted potatoes make a hearty side dish for this savory tart. Take care not to stretch the dough while you are fitting it into the tart pan as this will cause it to shrink and fall away from the sides of the pan as it bakes.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 4 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 51 Minutes
- ½ (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen leaf spinach and butter sauce (such as Green Giant), thawed and drained
- ½ cup chopped drained bottled roasted red peppers
- ½ cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unroll dough, and roll into a 12-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch round removable bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray; press dough against sides of pan. Pierce bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Place pan on bottom rack in oven. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until golden.
- While crust bakes, combine spinach, peppers, and cheese in a bowl. Combine egg substitute, salt, and pepper in another bowl.
- Remove crust from oven; sprinkle spinach mixture over bottom of crust. Pour egg substitute mixture over spinach mixture. Return tart to bottom rack. Bake 37 additional minutes or until crust is golden brown and custard is set. Cut into 8 wedges.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.