These crispy pan-fried cakes showcase zucchini and potatoes topped with fried eggs.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 4 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 13 Minutes
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 small)
- ¼ cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- Light sour cream (optional)
How to Make It
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; heavily coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about ½ cup potato mixture into 2 (5-inch) circles in pan. Cook 5 minutes; turn and cook 4 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove pancakes from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining potato mixture.
- Reheat pan over medium-high heat; heavily recoat pan with cooking spray. Crack 4 eggs into pan; sprinkle with 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, and coat tops of eggs with cooking spray. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until whites have just set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard or until desired degree of doneness. Slide 1 egg onto each pancake. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.