There is nothing quite like a giant waffle cone filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream on a hot sunny day. That is, however, until I made these crowd-pleaser cupcakes. Each creamy mint chocolate bite sits atop an easy Oreo cookie crust. I like to finish them off with a thick chocolate drizzle and a generous dollop of whipped cream. Move that frozen lasagna and bag of veggies to the side to make room for your new favorite frozen treat!
- Yield: 12 Cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 4 Hours
- 10 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 4 oz (225 g) coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate, such as Baker’s brand
- ¾ cup (30 g) whipped cream
- Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Make the Crust
- Combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter in a medium bowl. Divide between 12 cupcake liners and press evenly into the bottom of each. Set aside. Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, stir the frozen whipped topping and ice cream together until softened and combined evenly. Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared liners. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Make the Topping
- Right before removing cupcakes from the freezer, melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each increment until smooth. Remove the cupcakes from the freezer and drizzle melted chocolate over each. Top each cupcake with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream.
- The chocolate-drizzled cupcakes may be made 1 day in advance and garnished with whipped cream immediately before serving.