These Oreo Puppies are adorable and perfect for any puppy-loving child. If you’d like, you can add a little bow on the girl puppy’s head and a brown eye patch on the boy puppy! You can even add some fun black polka dots to the faces of the puppies to create Dalmatians, perfect for a certain snack-time storybook!
- Yield: 6 oreo puppies
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup light cocoa candy melts
- ¼ cup red chocolate candy melts
- Melt your white chocolate candy melts in a candy melting electric pot according to the package instructions, or in the microwave at 30-second increments.
- Dip your Oreo cookies into the white melted chocolate using a candy melt dipping scoop or fork, covering them completely. Place cookies on a piece of parchment paper or Silpat and place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Melt your cocoa candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave at 30-second increments. Then, use a cake-decorating paintbrush and melted cocoa chocolate, to paint 2-inch-long ear shapes on a piece of parchment paper or Silpat. Place in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened, approximately 5 minutes. Use the melted light cocoa candy melts and a cake-decorating paintbrush to create a small circular brown eye patch for one of your puppies eyes if desired. Place back in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, approximately 2–3 minutes.
- Melt your red chocolate candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave at 30-second increments. Repeat Step 3, but this time paint small ½ -inch red bows by placing a single dot on the parchment paper and adding two triangle shapes to either side of the dot. Place in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Attach the ears and bows to your chocolate puppies by using the melted cocoa chocolate and cake-decorating paintbrushes. Insert the ears into the sides of your Oreos and attach the bow on the top right-hand side of the Oreo. If you’re using an eye patch, use the melted cocoa chocolate to place it under the spot where one of the eyes will go.
- Using cake-decorating paintbrushes and melted cocoa and white chocolate, paint on the puppies’ faces. Using the red chocolate candy melts, you can also add a small silly tongue. Place treats back in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened, approximately 2–3 minutes.