- Yield: 12 oreo hedgehogs
- 1 cup tan chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup light cocoa candy melts
- 1 batch Basic Oreo Bonbons, shaped as ovals and completed through Step 3
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- 12 mini chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Melt both chocolate colors in two separate bowls according to the package instructions, or in the microwave at 30-second increments.
- Use a fork to dip your Basic Oreo Bonbons halfway into tan candy melts. Place on a piece of parchment paper or Silpat and refrigerate until chocolate hardens, approximately 5 minutes.
- Dip the other half of your bonbon in the light cocoa candy melts. While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle on the brown sprinkles to give the bonbon a fur texture.
- Using your light cocoa candy melts and a toothpick, draw two eyes on the center front of your Oreo Bonbon. Draw a mouth under the eyes. Then, “glue” on the mini chocolate chip that will form the nose by putting a small amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of it and placing it below the two eyes. Place the bonbons back in the refrigerator until facial details are dry, approximately 2–3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining Oreo Bonbons until you have twelve little Oreo Hedgehogs.