These lollipops are a great gift for little kids to pass out to their friends, as the strawberry flavor in these lollipops adds the perfect touch for any special valentine. Tell your kids the story of Valentine’s Day as you work together to make these sweet treats! You can even swap out the strawberry extract for mint extract for a cool winter flavor or you could add Christmas sprinkles for a great teacher’s gift!
- Yield: 1 dozen lollipops
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Candy thermometer
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract or extract of your choice
- 12 (6-inch) lollipop sticks
- 2 tablespoons assorted valentine sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a Silpat.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Boil mixture for 5–7 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 310°F.
- Remove mixture from stovetop and mix in strawberry extract. Allow to cool in the saucepan for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Lightly pour liquid on the parchment paper to form small circles, then add lollipop sticks and sprinkles. The liquid will harden quickly so move fast.
- Let lollipops cool completely, about 10–15 minutes, and carefully remove from parchment paper.