- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb 10 oz (750 g) beef fillet, trimmed of any visible fat
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz (400 g) green beans
- 3½ oz (100 g) small pasta, such as orecchiette
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 large head radicchio
- generous ¼ cup green olives, pitted
- scant ⅓ cup shelled hazelnuts, whole
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Rub the beef with pepper to taste and Worcestershire sauce. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small roasting pan over high heat, add the beef, and sear on all sides. Transfer the dish to the preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, add the beans, and cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh the beans under cold running water. Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Return the bean cooking water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook for 11 minutes, or until tender. Drain, return to the pan, and toss with the remaining oil.
- Add the pasta to the beans with the onions, radicchio leaves, olives, and hazelnuts, mix gently and transfer to a serving bowl or dish. Arrange some thinly sliced beef on top.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl, then pour over the salad and serve at once with extra sliced beef.