- Yield: 24
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
How to Make It
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix to combine. Stir in the chocolate.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bake at 375°F, rotating once, until lightly brown around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.