- Yield: 1 quart
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
How to Make It
- Shred cabbage into thin strips. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Add to Instant Pot and knead the cabbage with hands, or pound with a wooden cabbage crusher about 10–12 minutes, until there is enough liquid to cover.
- Place a weighted trivet or fermentation weight on top of the cabbage to ensure it stays underneath the liquid. If necessary, add a bit of water to completely cover cabbage.
- Lock lid and close vent. Press Yogurt button with Less Heat. Run cycle for 5 days. Once every 24 hours, QPR any built-up pressure and remove lid to allow air back in.
- After 5 days, transfer contents from your pot to a jar with a lid. Place in fridge for 2 days for optimal flavor; however, you can start eating it right away!