With this dish, you’ll get the flavor of barbecue without having to fire up the grill. Two of the best features of this easy chicken dish are that it dresses up a store-bought barbecue sauce and everything is cooked in the same skillet. Use presliced onion and bell pepper to make preparing this meal even faster.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 6 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup honey-roasted garlic barbecue sauce (such as Kraft)
- ¼ cup water
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to ½-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Rub garlic over chicken, and sprinkle evenly with seasoning blend and salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add barbecue sauce and water, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.