- 1 lb (500 g) tofu
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 oz (125 g) ground lean pork
- 3 dried black Chinese mushrooms, soaked and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups leafy greens (spinach or bok choy), blanched
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or sake
- 2 cup (125 ml) Basic Chicken Stock
How to Make It
- Cut the tofu into squares about 3 x ½ in (8 x 4 cm) thick. Use a teaspoon to scoop out some of the tofu from the center to make a hole for the pork filling.
- Combine 1 teaspoon corn-starch with all the other ingredients, except the leafy greens and stock, mixing well. Stuff this into the tofu and steam over high heat for 4 minutes.
- While the tofu is steaming, cook the greens in the Chicken Stock. Drain, keeping the stock. Arrange the greens on a plate. Blend the remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch with water and thicken the stock. Pour over the vegetables, arrange the cooked tofu on top and serve.