Half-and-half and refrigerated potatoes add creamy, rich texture to this soup, while the bacon provides crunch and smoky flavor.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 6 slices lower-sodium bacon
- 1½ cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onions (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen petite green peas
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon on a paper towel; crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in pan; discard excess drippings.
- Add potatoes to drippings in pan, and sauté 5 minutes or until slightly brown. Add broth and peas to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Place 4½ cups soup in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Return pureed soup to pan; add half-and-half and pepper. Heat 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Ladle soup evenly into 6 bowls, and top evenly with crumbled bacon.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.